Monday, July 14, 2008

Art and antlers


Call me stupid, but I was expecting something quite different from the Toronto Outdoor Art show - namely, outdoor art (sculpture, installations and wot not, specifically for displaying in the public domain), not just art being sold outdoors. But enough of these semantic preoccupations. It was still a very pleasant way to spend a weekend afternoon, although the oppressive weather conspired to make walking around 900 stalls selling loads of art even more of a marathon than it would be normally.
Julie Moon, whose work is way out of my price range, provided some sublime eye candy and I enjoyed the playful mixed media works and drawings of Meghan Barton (not least because they feature lighthouses and antlers, and I've just returned from a trip around Nova Scotia).

No comments: